Warning, these are so easy and delicious you may want to make them everyday. Also, is it doughnuts or donuts?
3/4 c. All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 c. Whole Milk Ricotta
2 Eggs lightly beaten
2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Confectioners Sugar for Dusting
Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt & zest in a bowl.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanilla in a bigger bowl.
- Add flour mixture to ricotta mixture and mix all together.
- Heat oil to 370 in heavy bottomed pot
- Drop equal spoonfuls into hot oil for 3 minutes per batch
- Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool
- Eat immediately
Tips: Test a few before doing a big batch, don’t crowd your pot, don’t let your kid turn off the burner and mess up your oil temp.